Experience True REST
Imagine an environment free from gravity, strain, tension, or pain. Imagine if you could Float effortlessly in a euphoric state without distractions or unwanted noise. YOU CAN!
True REST (Restricted Environmental Stimulus Therapy) is a zero gravity environment that allows the mind and body to truly rest. Flotation Therapy is a special solution of salinated water utilizing 1,200 pounds of Epsom salt. The buoyancy makes floating on water feel like floating on air. Without any effort you can relieve pain, heal faster, relax, de-stress, improve sleep, and have fun in this unique state. The benefits are staggering and the experience is Beyond Euphoria.
True REST gives immense pain relief, euphoric relaxation, and allows for better and deeper sleep. A recent Pain study shows 70% of participants getting FULL pain relief during a Float session. (Details can be found in the Pain Study TAB above)
You are in complete control of each Float and can customize your session with lighting and music.
True REST features an ADA compliant REST Suite, with ample room for wheelchair access and a ADA compliant shower. Many clients with severe fibromyalgia and other movement restricting problems find this specially designed room very helpful.
Each REST Suite contains a changing area and private showers. The Pod is automatically cleaned and disinfected after each use and will be pristine for every client, every visit.
The Center features a Prep Room, used after a Float for hair drying and other preparation.
Your first Float: What can you expect?
Flotation Therapy Preparation
- REST is perhaps the easiest pastime imaginable. The only precaution that you should take is that you should not shave, wax, or tan at all on the day of your REST session. The high salt content of the water can be irritating to freshly shaved, tanned or waxed skin. We provide Vaseline in every room for people to cover any small cuts and grazes.
- Please do not wear any hair or skin products prior to floating. If you have hair coloring that has not set you cannot go in the tank until the color is set and nothing washes out in the shower.
- You do not want to be hungry while Floating, but try to leave about 30 minutes before the Float.
- Avoid caffeine 4 hours prior to your Float. You must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Females on their menstrual cycle are NOT permitted in the Float Pod. Please reschedule if you have already made an appointment.
Your First Float
- Your first Float will start out with a 5 minute Introductory Video on flotation therapy and the True REST Float Center.
- You will be taken to the Quiet Room where you will replace your shoes with sandals (Epsom salts can be corrosive to shoes and clothes. You may not want to wear your "best" clothes.) We recommend bringing a towel, but you can rent a big fluffy one from us for $3.
The Float Suite
- Upon entering the private room you will rinse off in a warm shower
- Each room contains earplugs and Vaseline to cover up small cuts and grazes. We recommend earplugs to avoid swimmers ear and salt in your ear canal.(Epsom salts can irritate freshly shaved skin and we do NOT recommend floating on the day of a shave, waxing, or tan.)
Entering the REST Pod
- Upon entering the pod the automatic sensors will start your full 60 minute float session. The lights remain on until you turn them off. The water is heated to skin temperature, and even though it is only 10 inches deep, it contains 1,200 pounds of our specially formulated salt directly imported from Germany. This is the reason you are able to float on the surface.
- Climb into the pod and lie back gently, the buoyancy will lift you up. It is difficult to gauge how relaxed you are whilst floating, but will you notice afterward! Clients with sports injuries or back pain experience some discomfort in the early stages. One's brain focuses on even minor sensations due to a complete lack of "feeling" elsewhere. Keep relaxed and the aches and pains will drift away. (RELAX! Your body and head are completely supported by the water. You do not need to force you head up and your are in no danger of rolling over. Try touching the bottom of the pods with your hands...it is very difficult.)
- Music will begin as soon as you enter the Pod. Music lasts 10 minutes in the beginning followed by silence and 5 minutes at the end of your session. It will take awhile for your brain to settle down, but the music is designed to distract you from your own thoughts. Try humming to yourself while in the Pod or hum when you exhale. It will sound powerful and loud and can be quite fun. Please do not become frustrated if it takes your mind a bit to settle down as everyone experiences this at first.The real benefits are normally only noticed after the session is complete.
- Remember you are in a private room, so you can leave the pod door open if you wish (you may feel a chill if you leave it open the entire hour), alternatively you can prop it partially open with your towel, rolled up. You might want to leave the pod's interior light on. (Switch is to your right while lying down).
- If you get salt in your eyes there is a bottle of pure water hanging inside the pod.
Ending the Session
- Music will begin at the end of your session letting you know your time is up. If you fall asleep the lights will turn on gradually and the automatic purification system will start, waking you up. If this doesn't work and you are still asleep you may hear a knock on the door.
- Upon exiting the REST pod make sure to thoroughly rinse off all salty water and to rinse your ears thoroughly, as in rare cases crystalline salt can cause ear aches. Salt can be corrosive to clothes, but is great for skin and hair. Epsom salts don't rob your skin of salt, thus there is no pruning or wrinkling, but instead your skin will be left soft and silky.
- Please try to vacate the room within 10 minutes at the end of your session, as we need to prepare for the next client. Enjoy your float session!
- Upon getting your clothes back on you are free to re-claim your shoes or use our Prep Room for hair drying or makeup.
or CALL (480) 389-0853 TODAY!!!
PricingNew to REST? Sign up for our Newsletter or Facebook page for exclusive coupons and contest information.
NEW CLIENTS: PLEASE ARRIVE 15 MINUTES PRIOR to your selected reservation time!
True REST offers a series of services and products, all complimenting the incredible float experience. All Float sessions include a vast array of musical choices and guided audio.
Featuring TrueREST Injury Packages
Imagine if relief from chronic pain was only 60 minutes away. Imagine if you could decrease healing time by 20 to 50%.
In a recent chronic pain study 100% of participants had some relief from their pain. The majority reached the point of having ZERO pain to only mild pain after only a few sessions. Have you heard the saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is?" Take a look at the study below and tell me these aren't miraculous results.
The following pain scale was used during the study. The average starting pain level was just over a 6, characterized as dreadful. By the end of the study average pain level before a session was a 2, characterized as annoying.
Average pain during the session never rose past a level 2 (annoying) and after only three sessions averaged close to none.
It should be noted that a whopping 70% of participants had ZERO pain in the REST Pod after only three sessions.
In a similar study we found recovery time for minor to moderate injuries decreased by 20 to 50%.
“By the end of my therapy sessions my shoulder was at about 80% recovery! Definitely recommend for recently injured.” - John, CO
“I Thank God… to have experienced floating ... it feels fabulous… I have had three days and nights of Zero Pain & No Prescriptions” - Colleen, Scottsdale
True REST is now offering a simple and natural solution to injury and pain. Why not give it a try.
What do you have to lose other than your dreadful pain?
"I have been living with shoulder and neck pain for decades...None of those treatments brought me as much relief and relaxation to my hyper-tense muscles as the 60 minutes float did." - Sydney, Phoenix
"I've had back surgery (L5/S1 Microdiscectomy due to a car accident) and can say that while I'm inside the pod, I feel absolutely no pain." - Josh, Tempe
MONEY BACK GUARANTEEPurchase any pain/injury package and if your pain level doesn't decrease by at least 50% while in the REST Pod, after four sessions, we will refund your money at your request immediately, no questions asked.
*The four sessions must be redeemed in four consecutive days, without skipping any days.
Get your pain/injury package today by calling (480) 389-0853.
The Technology of True REST
Expereience our unique 360 degree tour of the POD.
Designed to take flotation into the 21st Century the REST pod is the result of many years meticulous planning and testing. It is constructed from the finest quality GRP double-skinned moldings and is hand finished and insulated throughout. Precision robotic cutting in the mold-making process and the use of the finest components and electronics guarantee consistency of quality and a robust product that will give many years of untroubled service.
The REST pod is of double skinned construction throughout with a large air cavity between the interior and exterior sections. The three main parts (door, top and base) are hermetically sealed units which maximize sound and thermal insulation and reduce operation costs.
When the interior light switch is pressed once the underwater LED lighting slowly fades in, producing the most inviting electric blue tones. If the button is pressed on and off in quick succession the pod’s computerized light show is initiated, slowly scrolling through a myriad of vibrant colors. When the door is left open you are sure to be entranced by the slowly pulsing, mesmerizing display.
The latest LED spa lamps have been used as the most reliable and energy efficient way to illuminate the REST pod: with a life expectancy of some 80,000 hours re-lamping should not be required for another 20 years!
Stereo sound is supplied via a built-in player using the latest transducer technology which excite the skin of the pod to ensure optimum fidelity. Clients can enjoy many pre-loaded music choices.
The internal flotation area of the REST pod is 50% larger than most pods on the market making the in-pod experience much more comfortable. The unit is fully ventilated through natural convection and guaranteed draft free. Clever design allows the door to be positioned partially open or closed as required.
An advanced purification system is directly incorporated into the REST pod. Existing flotation pods filter at around 30 microns whereas the REST pod filters are fully effective to one micron which is an incredible 100 times smaller than a human hair! We are currently experimenting with Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) as our main source of disinfectant. In our atmosphere, H2O2 is naturally produced when UV light strikes oxygen in the presence of moisture. In nature this H2O2 is often used as a cleanser. An example is that of a lightening storm. During a lightening storm, traces of pure Hydrogen Peroxide are produced which in turn kill many different types of bacteria and fungi which might otherwise grow out of control. Hydrogen Peroxide can naturally be found in honey when glucose oxidase becomes diluted as when used on a wound.
The REST pod features a digital control unit enabling various automatic processes to be adjusted to suit individual requirements. Session length, music timing, disinfection and cleaning are all operated through an intuitive LCD interface.
A unique product
Uniquely, the saline solution in the REST pod is heated outside the pod eliminating the electro-magnetic fields which occur when embedded heaters are used. As a result our customers have found that the overall quality of the flotation experience is vastly increased.
Inquire about a REST Pod for your Hotel, Spa, or Fitness Facility!
Frequenty Asked Questions About Floating
- Do I need to prepare in any way?
- Do I need to bring anything for the Float session?
- I’m claustrophobic. How can I use the REST Pod?
- How is water hygiene maintained?
- What if I can't swim?
- Will my skin wrinkle?
- Is there any risk of drowning?
- Are there any negative side-effects?
- I'm pregnant. Can floating harm my baby?
Do I need to prepare in any way?Top of Page
- REST (Restricted Environmental Stimulus Therapy) or Flotation Therapy is perhaps the easiest pastime imaginable. The only precaution that you should take is that you should not shave, wax, or tan at all on the day of your Float session. The high salt content of the water can be irritating to freshly shaved, tanned or waxed skin. We provide Vaseline in every room for people to cover any small cuts and grazes.
- Please do not wear any hair or skin products prior to floating. If you have hair coloring that has not set you cannot go in the REST pod until the color is set and nothing washes out in the shower. Try not to eat too much before your float. You don't want to Float with an empty stomach, but you also don't want to be too full. Avoid caffeine 4 hours prior to your Float. You must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Do I need to bring anything for the Float session?Top of Page
- Please bring a towel or you can rent one from us for $3. You won't need a swimsuit as each pod is situated in its own private room. All of our showers have shampoo and body-gel provided. You will only need to bring your usual post-shower products such as deodorant, skin creams etc. If you use contact lenses, please remember to bring something to store them while in the REST Pod.
I’m claustrophobic. How can I use the REST Pod?Top of Page
- This is a common concern, but you are in complete control and can keep the pod door open, lights on and get out when you see fit. The pods are very large, 9 feet long and 5 feet wide. With the door open it's 8 feet tall. It does not feel enclosed whatsoever once inside. Once we have explained to our customers that they are in charge of the whole process, their worries subside, and usually they go on to REST with the door closed and the lights off. Both of these functions are fully controllable from within the REST Pod.
How is water hygiene maintained?Top of Page
- True REST complies with stringent health and safety regulations. The water contains mostly salt and so the solution is sterile. Upon exiting the REST pod our state of the art purification system will automatically begin cleaning the water. The purification system will remove particles to 1 micron (1/100th a human hair).We are currently experimenting with Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) as our main source of disinfectant. H2O2 in safe dosages has the beneficial effect of oxidizing the skin and has no harmful residue or gas upon breaking down. H2O2 is naturally produced when UV light strikes oxygen in the presence of moisture and is active in the environment during lightening storms. Hydrogen Peroxide is naturally found in honey as well, or more specifically when glucose oxidase in honey becomes diluted as when used on a wound. Each Client will experience a pristine pod and room upon each visit.
What if I can't swim?Top of Page
- REST doesn't require any swimming skills whatsoever. You'll float like a cork and it doesn't matter what shape or size you are.
Will my skin wrinkle?Top of Page
- No. Because the water contains high Epsom salt levels it doesn't rob your skin of salt, (which is what causes wrinkling). Rather, it leaves your skin soft and silky.
Is there any risk of drowning?Top of Page
- The high buoyancy of the water makes it impossible for the individual to go beneath the surface. Once settled it is only possible to touch the bottom of the REST pod with a great deal of effort.
Are there any negative side-effects?Top of Page
- Not in the true sense of the word. Some first-time clients may emerge from the REST pod feeling slightly nauseous. This is actually a good sign as it indicates that built-up stress is leaving the body. Clients rarely experience any cases of nausea in subsequent visits.
I'm pregnant. Can floating harm my baby?Top of Page
- Absolutely not! In fact heavily pregnant women probably get more relief from the REST pod than anyone else. Just lying on a bed can be extremely uncomfortable for women in the later stages of pregnancy due to the massive gravitational strain placed on the body. The REST pod is a wonderful haven to which pregnant women can escape. We do however recommend that like most activities REST should be avoided in the first trimester.